2009-06-10

Gruff and Rmagick on Windows

I read this post that thought it would be very easy and just what I need to produce some graphs.  However not quite so easy as I am on Windows.  I tried gem install rmagick-win32 but then I went here to get the rmagick instructions.

http://rmagick.rubyforge.org/install-faq.html

Which worked straightforwardly.   I had previously installed imagemagick on my system.  So now hopefully gem install gruff will work. Now had a problem with the rmagick expecting to be:

C:\ruby\lib\ruby\gems\1.8\gems\rmagick-2.9.0-x86-mswin32\ext

which was due to not rebooting my computer.

The documentation is here.  I have been trying to draw a side bar with +ve and +ve variations for our daily email:

advanced_graph

However I couldn't initially get the numbers to go negative. However with sources soon have knocked up:

advanced_graph

No comments: